Thursday, April 30, 2009

She wasn't that mad...

So today, feeling a little ballsy, I decided to take a shower. The tricky part about this is I usually have my mom put the shower chair in the shower and she either covered up my bandage if needed, or put a bandage on since I'm not wearing one throughout the day now. Anyway, she was at work, and I didn't want to wait and have to figure out some independence quickly, so I just slid the shower chair/raised toilet seat across the bathroom (it kind of worked like a side ways walker hahaha) and went about the whole process by myself. Since I'm still at risk for falling and being unsteady and all of these dangerous things, I probably shouldn't have done this, but it worked out just fine. I was able to cover my incision up, twisting minimally and using the bathroom mirror. I also threw some things in the wash using the reacher-grabber and considered my morning a success. More surprisingly than anything, when my mom got home, I said to her, "um, I may have maybe taken a shower and did a load of laundry while you were at work." She wasn't that mad. She rolled her eyes and said, "you know, I was bragging at work about how you're not over-doing things..." Woops!

No comments:

Post a Comment