Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Accomplished!

Nicky came bright and early and once again, I shocked her and she's basically told me I'm doing way better than expected. It hasn't even been two weeks, and she's pretty sure soon I'll be able to do a stand-up stationary bike which is something I've been thinking about for a week, so that clearance would be awesome!

I was a bum all morning, but I just cleaned out my fish's tank. It's weird how doing the most simple and mundane task [that I haven't done in a *long* time] can make me feel accomplished. I talked to Nicky about how I have craft projects to do and thank you cards to write and movies to watch and none of it interests me. She made me feel a little better by saying a lot of her patients go through this initially. You're so overwhelmed and anxious, and then thrown off by all the meds, that books you really wanted to read post-op [or the other things I thought I'd do] just aren't appealing and you find yourself wanting to just sit in bed than do anything else. It doesn't help my current boredom, but it feels a lot better to know it's normal.

Well, it's time to do more exercises, but not before I have a snack. My aunt and uncle, Betty and Jeff, had an Edible Arrangement delivered this afternoon - with a Disney Princess theme!! - so I need to snack on that and some yogurt from some energy. ANYONE is welcome to stop over for a fruit snack, we have tons now!! {Picture to come...} Hope everyone is warm and dry...

2 comments:

  1. My sister! I will be there to hang out with you soon.... and even if all you want to do is lay in bed, I'll move the stools next to the bed and I will lay on top of them and then we can lay down together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miz laura, pretty princess fruit for a pretty princess !!!! i can't wait to see you in the crown,now i'll have to work on amagic wand for you .. xoxo
    aunty b

    ReplyDelete