Friday, April 24, 2009

Outpatient!

So Nicky cleared me for outpatient PT, but they can't get me in for my initial evaluation until next next Monday, so I will be seeing her all next week. Again, she's really impressed with my strength and mobility. I was actually lifting my whole leg up, a straight leg extension I think, when getting in and out of bed. I showed her, thinking it was impressive, and she basically said, "yeah, don't do that." Hahahah. I guess it's not something I'm supposed to be doing yet, so I guess I'll stop it. I was cleared to roll onto my stomach without pillows between my knees and someone standing there, and I thought the pillows got in the way anyway, but that's really a big deal to me because it means I can do it by myself and independence is something I'm welcoming more by the hour! So that's my PT update.

I'm also really excited about the upcoming sunshine. I'm sure I've complained before, but the coumadin (blood thinner) makes me so cold all the time and I'm looking forward to the 70's and 80's! I went outside for about 7 minutes yesterday to stand in the backyard to say hello to the dog that lives next door. (I wasn't being weird, Karen and Jayson were actually over there playing with the dog, and I can't go over and play with a 2 year old golden retriever for obvious reasons that he'd jump up on me and knock me over and break my shiny new hip.) It was nice to get outside, but I had to come back inside because I was freezing! Also, it makes me miss Chase, Jayson's dog, a whole lot more. Oh well! I'm off to spend more quality time with My Shishter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment