Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm talkin' 'bout practice!

Another quick update for the day. Teagan {Jayson's sister} came over after school, which was really nice to have a quick visitor who tried to use my crutches, and proved I'm way better at them ;) She also was a BRAVE soul when my mom finally changed my dressing and Tea took the pictures of the incision for me! I had yet to see it and I was really relieved to find out that they used the roughly 8" scar that already goes along my butt instead of making a new scar! I won't post it here, but I know sometimes "chicks dig scars" as someone once told me -- PearlJam0@gmail.com -- I might consider letting you see it!

Also, semi-exciting for me, I have finally found that sitting in the pink chair is the best option. My orders are pretty strict. If I'm awake, I can lay down on my bed for one hour, then get up and walk around for 5 to 10 mins, then lay back down or sit in a chair, not sitting for more than an hour. None of the chairs are comfortable, I need to have my knees below my hip to prevent dislocation and they can't be really soft or I'll have trouble getting up. I know it seems so trivial, but finding a chair that I'm semi-comfortable in is reallly exciting for me!

I also just finished my first home PT appt. about an hour ago. My PT's name is Nicky and she's super nice and it turns out mom & I were doing almost all the exercises correctly. What's pretty neat is intially post-op, your operated leg is longer than the normal leg, so it is harder for me to do a lot of the excercises correctly simply because I can't put my leg flat down because it's too long! Kinda neat, kinda weird.

I guess this is long so I'm going to rest, eat some dinner, and then Jays & I are going to watch The Bricks, an end-of-the-season Bruins award show. I find excitement in the greatest things!

3 comments:

  1. My sister! I can't wait to see you and your butt! :-) Really -- I love you. You have a lot of followers here and even more people who read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I off base in saying that a PT is really a hokey-pokey expert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sweetie,just ck'ing in,glad to see you are up and about!so can i see the pixs of the scar??xo auntie b

    ReplyDelete