Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mornings are the hardest..

I just reread my post from last night, I was pretty much on cloud nine. This morning, I'm sore & frustrated. I feel like I'm making so much progress every hour, so I sit and rest and have all my muscles return to mush as soon as I try to relax them! Yesterday when my PT was here, I tried lifting my leg into the bed and I mostly did it by myself, which felt awesome! And then a little later, I lowered my leg to get out of bed by myself which {stupidly!} made me think I was done rehab! hahaha. Well, I still needed help last night and this morning, and I know I will need help for a few weeks, but I feel as though I'm continually stepping forward and back!

One thing that is somewhat exciting that I *cannot!!* believe I forgot to post is that I gained 20 pounds from Friday->Monday. This is actually not exciting. What *is* exciting is that as of Wednesday, I'd lost 4 pounds, and as of this morning, I'd lost another 1 pound. Yes, I gained 20 pounds. When I tell you my hip is swollen, it does not do my hip justice! We called into the doctor yesterday, he said this much swelling is normal and expected, especially where he used my scar from my first surgery. He irritated all the old scar tissue & as the week goes by, the swelling should come down. It is fine and I know it is normal, but it is sort of affecting my life as none of my own pants or underwear fit! {Yes, I had mom buy me a few temporary pairs of 2XL cheap underwear because I GAINED 20 POUNDS!! hahahah}

Lastly, something that should have been blogged about on Monday: I was at the hospital and received a phone call on my cell phone from a random Newburyport phone number. It was the YMCA telling me that when I'd entered a contest a month ago at our work health fair, I had won the free months membership at their gym/pool! I explained that this was *PERFECT* as I was currently laying in my hospital bed post-op a Total Hip Replacement, and after 3 months when I'm finally able to completely and fully submerge my incision into water {the scar needs to heal to prevent infection} I will be able to use their pool for water rehab, for free!! We were both so happy and she went on and on how this couldn't have gone to a better candidate! So, now I just have to wait 3 months, and I can go swimming every day in a temperature controlled pool!!

Ok, time to watch some TV because I think I need a break from the internets for a while! :)

1 comment:

  1. MY SHISHSTER! I am coming!!!!! I will help you with your leg and help you in and out of the shower and help you get your humungous underwears on and off and help you brush your hair and help you annoy Mom (you say fah...I'll start spelling Queen!) and help you keep your sprits up and we can laugh and cry and eat pizza and snooze TOGETHER!!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited that I am crying just a little bit now. But not too much. THAT would be weird. ahahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete