Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bummed.

So, today was exciting until about 15 minutes ago. Mom and I went out to the library to pick up some movies I had on reserve and then we went to Marshalls and I got some nice Merrill sandal kind of things because the shoes I wear every day now are lined with some kind of fur and that's not good because it's 90 degrees out. After those two little errands, I stayed in the car while she went to Shaws because I was wiped, and promptly came home and took a two hour nap. It was SUPER exciting to get out of the house and I was pretty pumped, but...

My doctor's office just called. I can't get a follow up appointment until May 26th and I'm not allowed to change any precautions until then. I'm also not allowed to start outpatient physical therapy until then, even though I was supposed to start May 4th. That means even though I'm doing realllly well, I'm not allowed to do anymore than 50% weight bearing until he changes that, FOUR weeks from now, and I'm not guaranteed to take three mini field trips out of the house to outpatient PT each week.

Also, I got my claim summary from my health insurance with some bogus co-pays for blood tests they did for my pre-op appointment totaling about $60. There is also a $269 charge for them drawing my one unit of blood which my doctor required, and I ended up receiving in the hospital post-op, BECAUSE I HAD SURGERY! Wouldn't you think blood services would be covered for someone having surgery? Well it's not, and now I'm cranky. I can't even wait to get the bill for my surgery where they tell me I have to pay to have them store it and then give it back to me.

2 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear that they are holding you back when you're doing so well!!!! And on top of that, they're CROOKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shishter! I hope you have a good day today... I think the G.M.'s are coming to visit you. That will be fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete